Required for September 2021
Grade 4 - £9.81 per hour
We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team.
The working basis for the successful candidate will be on a fixed term contract, in the first instance, for one academic year starting from 1 September 2021. The contract will be part-time, 28.75 hours per week during term time, Monday to Friday 8.30am-3.15pm.
- The main aim of this role is to assist our teaching staff in delivering a curriculum that has high aspirations for every child, with compassion, professionalism and enthusiasm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing support for individuals and groups of students, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Under the instruction of teaching staff, deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning.
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with students and parents, treating them with respect and consideration.
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported.
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress.
- Assisting teachers with student records.
- To be responsible for the supervision of pupils during lunch time.
- Ensuring the school Health and Safety procedures are observed, reporting of accidents and taking actions as required.
- To positively promote healthy, safe and considerate behaviour.
- To promote the safeguarding, welfare and wellbeing of the children.
General Requirements and Skills
Applicants must be:
- Reliable, punctual and have a flexible approach to work.
- Able to keep calm under pressure and maintain consistent responses.
- Common sense and initiative.
- Keen to develop as a professional and willing to participate in in-house training for the role.
- Able to maintain confidentiality on all school matters.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Willing to undertake additional/other duties as appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post.
- Have high expectations of learning for every child.
- A positive role model, contributing to the positive ethos of the school.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For an application form, please contact Jenny Bowes/Tracy Abel on 01295 670335 email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Friday 2nd July 2021
Interviews – Thursday 8th July 2021